If there are 3 children appointed as power of attorney.

Customer Question
If there are 3...

If there are 3 children appointed as power of attorney. Should all 3 act together on decisions of what is to be done. Or is it ok for one to act alone without notifying the other ones involved?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

New York and as far as I know the 3 children (ADULTS) were put down as power of attorney. Asking for one of the children involved.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

As to what?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There was an event that took place today, that one of the adults didn't agree with. She thinks that she should have been included. It had to do with Burials when the time comes.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/10/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If these are individual POAs granted to each person, then there is no legal obligation that they all act together as a POA just "shares" the legal authority the grantor has to do certain things.

.

So unless there is something that specifically states they have to act as one, then no, each has the power to act unilaterally as long as they are acting in the best interests of the grantor of the POA.

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much