What is my legal responsibility for my health insurance

What is my legal...

What is my legal responsibility for my health insurance coverage for my husband ? i have open enrollment this month and do not want to add him for this years coverage as i have left my residence ad filled order of protection also will be filling for divorise

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only order of protection

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/9/2017
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Generally, you do not have a legal obligation to add him to your insurance. Couples in Arizona to have a financial duty to one another which means that they cannot do anything like sell all of their belongings without their permission or drain their bank account. However, there is nothing in the law that specifically requires you to put them on your health insurance. This would be a bad public policy thing because if he had better health insurance, but you were required to put him on your health insurance instead of the other way around, then it would be not sensible. Otherwise, there is nothing that you need to do.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

there is no reprecussons if I dont add him to open enrollement

You got it. You aren't required to at all under state or federal law. Did you have any other questions for me?

He is not letting me into my home to get my personal belongings, clothes etc. ,harrassing emails at my employment. Just got an order of protection last week and the majority of his emails are defamation of character to my immediate supervisor. He keeps stating that I need to add him to my insurance this coming year.

I would ignore that thereat. There is nothing that binds you to do such a thing.

ok apreciate that knowledge from you.

The pleasure is all mine! Further up on the screen you should see a chance to give me a rating. 5-stars are always appreciated, but it is definitely not required! You can also click here in the future to request me individually. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions on the cheap.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Legal Eagle, Lawyer