I recently received a subpoena form a county in Georgia and…

Hello,I recently received a subpoena...
Hello,I recently received a subpoena form a county in Georgia and it states the county of Georgia vs someone else. I looked at the name and I believe this was the individual who hit the back of a car that I am an authorized driver on the insurance, so I am allowed to drive the vehicle but it is not my owned vehicle. I called the police after the accident and the gentleman involved received a ticket, since it was just a scratch and no one was hurt I didn’t know involve my insurance and the gentleman involved did not contact me or my insurance. Why am I getting a State subpoena months after the fender bender?
10/8/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

My guess would be he got a ticket here.If this was brought by the state here it involves such a ticket rather than a civil claim.You would want to appear here to make sure he gets convicted it helps you liability wise.That's the best I can tell you long term its in your interest to attend if you have criminal subpoena, they need you as witness.Call prosecutor ahead here and ask if they will let you know if this settles ahead of court.It is in your interest to attend here.See if they really understand you were driver but not owner.They may have subpoenaed owner too.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

Ray, Lawyer