I have a civil judgement against me in Pa., but my first +

Customer Question
Hi , I have...

Hi , I have a civil judgement against me in Pa. , but my first + last name were mispelled on the serving papers and the filed court awarded judgement paperwork . Is the judgement still enforceable ? Steve

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvannia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes , it was filed 2 years ago and judgement was awarded to the plaintiff

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you. The judgment is still valid despite the fact that your name was misspelled. People do not lose their right to collect on a judgment because of a typo.

Even if the plaintiff filed the judgement with both first + last names wrong herself + judgement has same mispelled names ? Ty
The judgement never showed up on my credit report as of yesterday . Will a lender find it if I make a mortgage application ? ty

How do you know about the judgment?

I looked itt up in the pa justice portal

If the judgment is in the wrong name, that would explain why the plaintiff filed it in the wrong name. As for whether a lender will find it, I suppose if they just search you name and not the wrong name they wouldn't find it - but you seem to have found it somehow in the PA justice portal which suggests a savy searcher could find it as well.

Tina, Lawyer