Our son was arrested in orange county California for crystal…

Customer Question
Our son was arrested...

Our son was arrested in orange county California for crystal meth use the court placed him in a treatment center in Santa Ana he like the treatment center without permission and went to Arizona this happened approximately 12 years ago He is now living in Phoenix Arizona and is considered a felon If he came back to California where my husband and I live he would be arrested how would his case be handled in court

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

This happened in orange county California and it was approximately 12 years ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not recently. What type of an attorney would work on this case

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. my main question is he is clean now with they put him back in jail

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/6/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 10 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Do you know what action the court took? Was the treatment a condition to his probation and therefore he violated? Is there a warrant for his arrest?

I don't know how can I find out

Thank you for the reply and great to hear back from you. If he failed to complete a condition to his sentence and left the center, he would be in violation of his probation, which is likely what he was on and/or in violation of a court order, which would result in a warrant being issued. In a situation like this, a motion would need to be filed to lift the warrant and set a hearing on this, so he could appear to answer to the violation/issue and see how it can be resolved. It is unlikely that after 12 years they will allow him to go to treatment again, so they may want jail time, to close this out.

My son has I think what for warrants out for his arrest without bail these occurred at least 10 years ago he's been in Arizona ever sense please call me to discuss this at(###) ###-####

If that is the case, a motion would need to be filed asking the Judge to set this for hearing and allow himself to appear and turn himself in in open court and possible resolve this then.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!