I was a witness in a fraud trial two years ago for a person…

Customer Question
I was a witness...

I was a witness in a fraud trial two years ago for a person who stole a lot of money from several victims. I remember there were about six or seven other witnesses who also testified at the trial. I have been notified by Florida VINE that the offender has been transferred to Jacksonville Bridge in the last few day. I would like to anonymously send some money for his commissary account. I think I can do that online. Is that a good thing for the inmate? I don't want to do anything that might not be helpful for his ability to change in a positive way towards his release.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Florida... just a minute I'll look at my paperwork to see what his conviction was

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No.. I just want an opinion regarding sending $$ through the prison system for commissary

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He was charged with scheme to defraud; unlawful conductinb business as a seller of travel No, that's all I want to know. I just don't want to do something stupid. Just would like to anonymously send some $$ to help his move forward in his incarceration.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you. Can I ask you a question - why would you want to do this anonymously?