My father has a life insurance policy through his company he…

Customer Question
My father has a...

My father has a life insurance policy through his company he retired from and he recently died. The insurance company says it has no beneficiaries listed. They send a claim form that ask for linage information. Is this the way it is settled or will they consider the living will he has. The main difference will be step children left out. We are in Texas.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have found nothing regarding this policy except the yearly enrollment from the company. I am the successor trustee of the living trust.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

His estate is two step daughters and one daughter.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2017
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good morning. Can you provide me a bit more information? When you reference a "living will," do you mean he had a revocable living trust? Or, are you referencing an actual will. I ask because, technically speaking, a "living will" is simply a physician's directive regarding what medical care someone wants during life. Thank you!

Ok

I tried to accept your request for a phone call, but received the following message: "Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation."

JustAnswer prompts those requests independent of the experts; we have no control over their prompts. I'm happy to converse you through this thread or by phone, just let me know. :)

Should be good now

Can you resubmit your request; the prior offer shows to be expired. Thank you!

Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Managing Partner replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Managing Partner
Phone call session started