Had a legal question. I've talked to an attorney here

Customer Question
Had a legal question ...

Had a legal question

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you want to talk to a Lawyer?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. As the Lawyer's Assistant I have a few questions for you. What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I've talked to an attorney here

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/6/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Whats questions do you have here and what state are you in?

In Georgia
Finally got the child out of the house. Can I now be forced to pay child support?

I answered this already please look at my other answer.I will close this as a duplicate one.

Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR.

If you are court ordered legal guardian and the child was removed from your care, the court could order you to pay support payments to the party who received custody of the child. However, if you have recovered the child, no child support should be due. If you do not want liability any longer, you would need to go to court and file a motion to terminate guardianship to relieve yourself of the responsibility and liability for the child.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.