I had a question about my fiances time he's already serving.

Customer Question
I had a question...

I had a question about my fiances time he's already serving

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Filedbor reported for what

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just question about his time

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question?

my fiance is currently incarcerated and his out date was to day. But last year his collie and him for put under investigation for bringing drugs into the prison and both put in the hole while investigation was going. His cellie admitted that it was him and my fiance had nothing to do with it. Well they took away my fiances original date which was today and added a extra year for conspiracy my fiance said. But he didn't receive any new charges. And now he's doing another year but my fiance keeps saying this year they added in free time or dead time and it don't count toward his sentence. And I just don't see how they can give him a year set back but it don't count to his time. Is this legal for them to do?

Thank you for your reply.

The problem with good time release dates is that it does not require new criminal charges in order to lose good time. So, if the prison officials found that he had some knowledge or involvement with the cellmate, even though of course the cellmate denied it, they could remove his good time instead of filing criminal charges. Removing good time is an administrative right of the prison, so it does not require a court hearing or order.

It is legal and his only recourse is to appeal the removal of his good time to the warden of the prison who has final discretion in this particular decision.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.