Can a non profit be reported for going outside its mission.

Customer Question
Can a non profit...

Can a non profit be reported for going outside its mission

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me where the nonprofit is registered?

Hawaii

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not to my knowledge

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello. My name is***** short answer to your question is maybe - but it largely depends on the specifics. Would you be able to provide some background?

It a straightforward question

In that case, the answer is - anyone can report anyone for anything and *technically* yes, a non-profit can be reported for going outside its mission. That being said, the severity or lack thereof will be taken into account thereby making it potentially a violation not worth pursuing by any state authorities. That's why I asked you for some background.