Has this changed

Customer Question
Has this changed
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
10/6/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello. My name is***** can I help you?

My property in Indiana is up for sheriff sale. If sold how long will I have before I have to leave the property. This is due to foreclosure.

Generally it's 30 days - but it can be as much as 90.

U​sually there's some type of "cash for keys" arrangement to try to get your out towards the early part of that spectrum.

Ok I’m just worried they sell and then lock me out. Is there a way to stop the sale if it’s tomorrow morning or at least postpone it.

Y​ou would have to have some type of VERY significant reason to try to stop the sale - but generally no. But it would be VERY unusual if they tried to lock you out. They'll either offer you money to get out sooner or they'll begin eviction proceedings.

If there are any judgement Leinster on the property what happens to those?

What is a Leinster?

Sorry lien

those would need to be paid out when the property is sold.

I mean if the proper didn’t sell for enough to pay the judgement lien.

Then it's highly likely that the sale won't go through because the sale price will not be enough to satisfy the lien and then the buyer won't be able to receive clear title.

You must have deleted the previous part of this thread. This is as pertains to a foreclosure sheriff sale.

Sorry, there's no previous thread listed here... experts don't have the ability to delete threads.

Ok I’ll start at the top. My house sold at a foreclosure sheriff sale. There was a second judgement lien against it for a debt I owed. If the house did not sell for enough to cover the judgement lien what happens to that debt. In the state of Indiana.

I want you to get a definitive answer - and i don't want you to have to wait for me while I finish phone calls. I will release your question so that someone familiar with Indiana foreclosure law can answer it.