Question about the costs and exactly what I send to the

Customer Question
Question about...

Question about the costs and exactly what I send to the county recorder ...the property granted or transfered to the revocable trust, plus the signed notery page,

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California,los angeles county

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Our revocable trust was completed and signed by a .notory. it now needs to be registerd and recorded ,,by the county recorder clerc,i believe

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I know off hand.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
10/5/2017
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney with extensive estate planning experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: California does not require that a trust (revocable or irrevocable) be recorded with the county recorder. If you are referring to the deed on a property that was transferred to the trust. You need to file the deed itself (including notary page) with a preliminary change of ownership report (PCOR). Please click here for the PCOR form. The fee varies by county, but can easily be found by doing a internet search for "[COUNTY NAME] deed recording fee" and is usually $15, plus $3 for each additional page. Most county recorders will accept a check for a greater amount and refund the difference. You should contact your county recorder to make sure that they accept non-exact amounts and ask them what you should write on the check.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.