My son is 17 and currently being held in Randolph County Mo…

Customer Question
My son is 17...

My son is 17 and currently being held in Randolph County Mo jail. The story is his grandfather had custody of him and he has been on probation for paraphernalia anyway part of his probation was to stay at his grandfathers house instead he was allowed to live with his 13yr old girl friend whom turns 14 Oct 8 anyway her parents also allowed this and allowed them to sleep in same bedroom and now she is pregnant which of course I don't agree with any of it but I love hours from him and had no idea this was happening anyway no one is telling the truth. I believe that her parents definitely need to be in trouble too. I absolutely believe that if he is going down for this which I'm not fighting but if they prosecute him shouldn't everyone involved be in trouble too?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Mo

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have but I was wanting to see what someone else said and for now he has to get public defender

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/5/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

You can report the parents to CPS who can investigate them. They can also turn the matter over to the police if they feel that the parents should be prosecuted. One difficulty is that you weren't there, and the parents haven't been telling the truth about this. But CPS must investigate every claim of child abuse, endangerment or neglect that comes its way. And this would be a good starting point.

They have investigated already and everyone lied

When you say "they," do you just mean CPS? If so, you could report this to the police in the jurisdiction where this occurred, and try to get them charged with child endangerment. A prosecutor has the complete discretion to decide for himself what cases to take on and what to decline. If they are not interested in this matter, then you would not be able to seek justice through the criminal justice system.

You could talk to a local civil litigator, however, and see if you can hold them liable in civil court for their failure to provide adequate supervision to your son and their daughter.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.