I am planning to travel by Domestic Airlines this coming…

Customer Question
I am planning to...

I am planning to travel by Domestic Airlines this coming week, but I have lost my wallet containing all of my ID. I have secured a Temporary Drivers Licience from the Virginia DMV however it's one a Document with no photo. I'm told that the photo ID should arrive in 7 days, but I will be in route at that time. I don't have a Passport. What other forms of ID can I use to travel with?

Lawyer's Assistant: Regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

I'm in the State of Virginia and plan to travel to California and back to Virginia.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, not yet. I'm hoping to be able to recover my wallet, but I do need to notify my Banks and Credit Companies.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, just need to know what I can use to clear Security to board my scheduled flights.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/5/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 10 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

In the event you arrive at the airport without valid identification, because it is lost or at home, you may still be allowed to fly. The TSA officer may ask you to complete an identity verification process which includes collecting information such as your name, current address, and other personal information to confirm your identity. If your identity is confirmed, you will be allowed to enter the screening checkpoint. You may be subject to additional screening, to include a patdown and screening of carry-on property.

You will not be allowed to enter the security checkpoint if your identity cannot be confirmed, you chose to not provide proper identification or you decline to cooperate with the identity verification process.

TSA recommends that you arrive at least two hours in advance of your flight time

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!