Doe the trustee of my trust from my deceased mother have to…

Customer Question
Doe the trustee of...

Doe the trustee of my trust from my deceased mother have to be the same

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

I meant to say does the trustee for a special needs trust foresight have to be the same trustee as my trust now.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I want to put my trust fund money in a special needs trust for ssi

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My sister is trustee and she will only give me 200.00 a month. Mom's will says it's for my care and upkeep

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/5/2017
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 10 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: If you are setting up a trust to transfer your assets into, you do not need to have the same trustee as the trustee of your current trust. However, you should confirm that the current trust gives you the power to withdraw all of the assets in order to place them into the new trust.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.