I need some legal advice and if will cost me money I am

Customer Question
I need some legal...

I need some legal advice and if will cost me money I am willing to pay it as long as you inform me of the cost and that I will get what I paid for. Just want to get right down to my legal questions.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

South Dakota

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I think I have a good handle on the situation just need some guidance

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
10/5/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you. What can I answer for you?

My son is 13 years old and has always been a good kid and never has been in trouble and just recently made some poor choices and took a check into a store for $70.00 that belonged to my mom. We didn't press charges or know about it but the business sent it back as a forgery and they are saying he is deliquent and in need of supervision and charging him with Forgery Class 5 Felony in violation of SDCL 22-39-36

O​k, I understand. I agree - not the wisest thing he could have done. Do you have an attorney?

In criminal matters it's very, VERY helpful to have an attorney speaking on your behalf.

I​t makes the difference between a felony conviction, a misdemeanor and a warning.

I just went to cancel because I think I can handle it on my own. He is a minor so they just send a summons and I don't want to spend money on a lawyer just want to know what legal things I have to do as in petitions and paperwork. He is 13 and they know he is not my grandma and we have a bad history with the owner and it is just a deliberate attempt to use the law to hurt my family and my mom spoils him and write him checks all the time but for some reason he didn't ask and just did it himself thinking my mom would yell but not get mad like when he makes charges on her credit card and not that the business would just let him cash the check and then turn him in.
How do I get the law to just do my bidding for me? She should have asked for his drivers licenses because they knowingly took the check. What I want to know is are they accessories or also culpable as they knew it was not his check and let it get cashed?

I'm sorry - did you just ask how you get the LAW to do your bidding for you?!

Sorry no offense. I'm going to cancel. I don't believe in the law and I don't believe in the system and it really doesn't matter because they just do whatever the f**k they want anyway and it's just all bullshit so I'm just going to walk over there and tell them my side of the situation.

I​'m sorry, I think I will need to opt out of this question b/c I am not aware of a way you can get the law to do your bidding for you. I would encourage you though to hire an attorney - a felony charge is not a joke.

Exactly it is no joke. They did not NEED TO charge him. They did it to be mean.
He is a good kid and we would have paid it off and my mom wouldn't have sent it back or pressed charges. THE BUSINESS PRESSED CHARGES and we did not state they check was forged.
Why would you charge a 13 year old with a felony. This is a small town of 800 people. He didn't know he was committing a felony he thought he was just getting money from grandma without asking like usual and didn't realize that the owner of the business has passed issues with me.
I just want to know if there is any action I can take because being able to have the pull to do something like this to my child should be against the law.
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, do you still require assistance, because you first say you want to cancel and then you keep posting. Do you want to cancel or do you want us to answer you?

Because there is no answer other than it's all just rigged and it never changes and never will and the justice system and pretty much 90 percent of the people in it are THE CROOKS!

Since you seem to keep answering your own questions, would you like me to ask Customer Service to refund your money to you?