If dyfus comes to my house and I refuse them, how does it…

Customer Question
If dyfus comes to...

If dyfus comes to my house and I refuse them, how long does it take for them to get a warrant to drug test me?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

NJ. There is no current warrant issued but they will be coming to my house soon since the father of my child is going to demand them to drug test me. I understand they need a warrant to do so, so how long does that take?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He will be going tomorrow to file it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's all thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
10/4/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you.

Hello. Thank you

They can generally get one very quickly if they feel it's warranted. I know that's not an *exact* number but I can't really give you one of those.

My main concern is, I have a medication (that was prescribed) that gives a false positive for a drug. My doctor knows this as she drug tested me two days ago. But I'm trying to avoid any type of positive result on their records
Can they just come to my house and ask me? Or do they need a warrant. I understand they come the same day the report is filed
I will have documentation of my drug screen from my doctor and it explaining that my medication comes up as a positive. Would that be good enough for them?

They can ASK you and you can say no.

What medication are you concerned about causing you to test positive?

If I say no, do you know what will happen?

If you say no they can do any number of things... ask a judge to order you to be tested, try to take your children and place them elsewhere, etc.

I am perscribed Ambion. It comes up as a false positive for benzos

https://www.drugs.com/answers/ambien-give-positive-benzodiazepine-650600.html

Ambien/Zolpidem does not give false positve for benzodiazepines.

Well considering I haven't done anything else, and my professional phychiatrist told me it does I'm really not sure who to believe. I came up for benzos and I haven't done anything else
One last question. If I sign a document stating I hand primary custody over to her father, can I later on go to court and fight for joint custody?
If you are concerned about losing custody you’re better off giving temporary custody to dad and then later trying to regain it - whether by agreement or by court order. It is harder to regain custody if you lose it than if you voluntarily grant it to the other parent for a period of time.