Just received a letter from The Mega Millions Lottery, Calle…

Customer Question
Just received a letter...

Just received a letter from The Mega Millions Lottery, Calle Rios rosas 32, madrid, Espana 28004. The letter says I have won @2,850,000.00 tax fee and to call the number 01134603103873 and email Dr. Nelson***@******.*** the Foreign Service manager Remittance officer of Safeway Securities. They are not asking for any money and the letter is stamped in two different places say "US Government Approved". Can you tell lme if this is a scam or legitimate?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Montana

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/4/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly

100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. If you would like to upload the document, I can take a look on your behalf.

Just received a letter from The Mega Millions Lottery, Calle Rios rosas 32, madrid, Espana 28004. The letter says I have won @2,850,000.00 tax fee and to call the number 01134603103873 and email Dr. Nelson***@******.*** the Foreign Service manager Remittance officer of Safeway Securities.They are not asking for any money and the letter is stamped in two different places say "US Government Approved". Can you tell lme if this is a scam or legitimate?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Montana

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No

Generally, I have reason to believe that this is fraud. The reason is because it would make no sense for the Mega Millions lottery to not have some sort of State attached to it. Secondly, it would be none sensible that it would come all the way from Spain. Thirdly, it would make no sense that it would give you a yahoo.com email address when there is plenty of money for them to create their own email addresses. Additionally, there's no reason that you should have to contact them. Also, unless you played the Mega Millions lottery then there is no reason for you to contact them. For those reasons, I have reason to believe that this is a scam.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.