My dog was originally quarantined for 10 days at Animal

Customer Question
My dog was originally...

My dog was originally quarantined for 10 days at Animal Control. Two days before his release they served me with papers saying he was deemed dangerous. He had never been out of backyard except on leash to walk or ride in car. My husband and I took a letter requesting hearing the next day, but since it was Thursday before Labor Day person who sets hearing wasn't going to be in until Tuesday. On Sun of Labor day weekend he hurt his paw in cage he'd been in for 12 days and they took him to ER vet. When we saw him a week later after hearing was set, his paw was still messed up and he's lost about 30 lbs. Then day before hearing Drew Bessey with Animal Control called to tell me he had new injury and they took him to ER vet again. He said since hearing was next day we'd wait to see what happened and we could send him to our vet. Guy leading hearing came out saying Wichita is cracking down on dog bites. It didn't matter that we had letter from vet/boarding; a neighbor there who said he's always on leash and she's not afraid of him; documentation from Humane Society when we adopt him 6 years ago; and dog training we did with him. He had surgery and spent 10 days at vet to get healed up - $1800 later he's home. Can I contest hearing or do I just press charges?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Kansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes. That's why he spent 3 weeks and 2 days in quarantine. Plus neighbors lawn guy who got bit hired attorney right away. Then he can on my porch the next day to get insurance info. Next day we get letter from his attorney telling us not to contact him when he initiated contact with me.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
10/4/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
I would contest. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable” you obviously reserve other options including the police!
I need to know what attorney handles this kind of case in Wichita KS.
Civil litigation. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
I just need to find attorney locally that van take my case.
those directories are what lawyers use! if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
I've tried googling attorney in area that does this without any luck.
Tina, Lawyer