I am a small business owner. I received a check in my office…

Customer Question
Good Afternoon Lawyer's Assistant:...

Good Afternoon

Lawyer's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

I am a small business owner. I received a check in my office and took it to the bank to deposit it in my business account. the check was made out to the business and not myself. Later on i was arrested for this check not understanding why. Can i be arrested for a bad check made out to my business?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

It's in the state of GA and this happened around July of last year

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I'm waiting a court date in fulton county i was charged with 3rd degree forgery.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No this is all thank you so much for all your help

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/4/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 10 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
I do not see any basis for an arrest. You deposited a check for you. If name didn’t match account bank should have rejected and issuer sent a new check. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
what am i to do now because i'm facing a felony charge because of it?
Have a lawyer locally negotiate and if needed motion for dismissal. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!