If you get a settlement from SS disdability forom term

Customer Question
If you get a...

If you get a settlement from SS disdability forom long term disability ins. do you have to repay

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

TN

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It was handled by Allsup I was trying to get my disability for 4 yrs. I PAID LONG TERM DISABILITY PREMIUMS FOR THIS BUT NOW THEY SAY I HAVE TO PAY IT BACK

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/4/2017
Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good afternoon
Social Security Disability Income benefits (SSDI) are almost always considered a deductible source of income. SSDI is only one type of deductible source of income commonly found in group long-term disability policies.Unless your contract excludes and does not have a pay back clause, then if a disability carrier has been paying you long-term disability benefits and you get awarded SSDI benefits which are retroactive, then your disability carrier will claim that you were overpaid for 15 of the past 20 months and you must pay the retroactive SSDI award to your long-term disability carrier.In addition, each month moving forward, your disability carrier will reduce your monthly benefit amount by the amount of your monthly SSDI check.I hope this clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question with stars so that I will receive payment for assisting you with your question.
If you have any other questions please just ask