I was charged $1,302 on my debit card for a transaction I…

Customer Question
I was charged $1,302...

I was charged $1,302 on my debit card for a transaction I never made. I complained to BOA and they sent me a form letter saying they were going to maintain the charge. I sent them evidence that I was thousands of miles away from where the charge was made, including plane and hotel reservations. They sent me another form letter saying they were keeping the charge on my account. . They have not provided me with any evidence of how they came to their conclusion.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

I got a new card immedfiately by the way. This is in Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The charge was to a company either in Costa Rica or Italy. When it was made, I was in the Bahamas. What do you mean "filed or reported?"

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The correct amount is $1303.02

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
10/4/2017
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Michael Bradley

what was the charge for?

It looks like it was a stay at a resort.
I looked it up on the internet and it was a resort in either Costa Rica or Italy. Both had the same name.

and BOA has not given you a concrete reason for the denial?

I would contact either VISA or Master card directly

I would also call the police and make a police report on the fraud

you need to build a paper trail

How about taking them to small claims court. They will have to send a lawyer which will cost them money and they hate. These are form letters I am getting back. They probably do this all the time.. I have had the same account for over 30 years! Counts for nothing.
I thought I could send their legal dept a letter telling them I am going to take this to court if I do not get a reasonable thorough answer to my complaint.

you can take them to small claims court

you could try a letter as well first but I agree with you that you probably have to sue