I approached the HOA Board in my condominium about the fact…

Customer Question
I approached the HOA...

I approached the HOA Board in my condominium about the fact that there is not an AED on the premises. In most cases rescue is only 5 plus minutes away. There was a lot of negative input about liability and trained personnel. I know that the AED is self explanatory if a trained personnel is not available. Also I know about the good Samaritan laws when doing what you think is best in an emergency. I'm trying to put my "ducks in a row" and submit the request a second time. I feel so strongly about this being an RN and having worked in a facility that has had the need to use one.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

VIRGINIA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not that I'm aware of. I have lived here three years now and wonder why there isn't an AED in the common area of my building.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Hope I'm not venturing in a territory I shouldn't.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 10 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

To comply with your request is very simple and low cost, and could save lives. No basis to deny it. Consider having others join the request and have it submitted to the board by lawyer letter or collective resident letter, which puts onus on board to act and exposes them to potential liability in failing to act for any resulting harm to residents and visitors.

martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!