I just sent you my message and then got kicked out did you…

Customer Question
I just sent you...

I just sent you my message and then got kicked out did you receive that message/question

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No nothing I haven't heard anything from her in years she said she didn't want anything to do with me after giving her the car and her father's urn and a lot of other things. He collected guns and has a baseball collection I think that's what they want but that was not his wishes in our conversations

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
10/4/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you. What can I answer for you.

I need to know what the law states for personal property of a deceased person who left no Will, no notorized paperwork..all that occurred was conversations in regards ***** ***** he wanted. My husband passed in 2015 unexpectedly.i am his wife and beneficiary. Right after his death I moved to a different area, I reached out to his sister and 15 yr old daughter asking if they wanted to help me pack his stuff and go through it. Sister said she wanted nothing and daughter did not want to help in anyway..but I made sure to deliver to her things he wanted her to have plus I gave her his car and his urn/ashes. The response I got from his daughter was she wanted nothing to do with me now. It's been almost 3 yrs since I've heard from her..and now she sent me a text she wants all her dads things! I have nothing I donated everything that was left and gave the guns he had to the people he wanted to have them and a lot of things ended up missing during the move..she is now 17 yrs old..mentally she has not been very stable..not sure of my rights or what to do?

Okay, I understand. You did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG. If your spouse dies without a will his assets transfer to you. You were free to part with them as you chose. Your daughter can't decide three years later (or three minutes later) that these are things she wants and require you to give them to her. Does that make sense?

Hello. I wanted to follow up to make sure I answered your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney