I was divorced back in 2000 and just recently an issue has…

Customer Question
I was divorced back...

I was divorced back in 2000 and just recently an issue has come up with some wording in the divorce agreement. There is a line in the agreement that I did not catch until well afterward and it could cause me to have to spend a considerable amount of money. The line reads: "Father also agrees to reimburse mother for 50% of what mother actually pays toward cost of an undergraduate degree for child. (Does not include monies from funds, scholarships, etc)" So my question is since there is no cap, duration or other quantifying constraints is this even enforceable?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Briefly but he stated that is was a pretty grey area because of the lack of constraints placed on it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I think that's it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/4/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Was the decree entered in OH?