Well I live in a condo and my neighbors have been using a…

Customer Question
Well I live in...

Well I live in a condo and my neighbors have been using a very powerful spray of some kind to paint and have not walled off or vented the fumes and it has permeated my entire apartment and caused head aches and nausea and after complaints have done nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Miami, Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

By whom and with whom ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No paperwork has been filed by me

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/4/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
You have a claim for nuisance. That is a claim based upon someone interfering with your use and enjoyment of your property without actually trespassing.
That would apply here and you could sue for your damages, including hotel costs and remediation. You can send a demand letter and then sue them if they do not respond or the matter settles.
If the claim does not exceed $5000 you can sue in small claims court. Small claims court is designed to be a "user friendly", simplified process, so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court. You can get the necessary forms to start from the clerk of the court.If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.