I applied for citizenship in December 2016. I completed the…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I applied for...
Second opinion] I applied for citizenship in December 2016. I completed the finger prints. The application is still pending.My Green card expires on December 17th 2017. Do I need to renew my green card?When I go for my finger prints will I get temporary extension of green card while my extension is being processed?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/4/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 10 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

My Green card expires on December 17th 2017. Do I need to renew my green card?

Response 1: Yes, you do because you do not know how much longer it would take for your naturalization application to be processed.

When I go for my finger prints will I get temporary extension of green card while my extension is being processed?

Response 2: Unfortunately, no you would not. You would obtain a replacement card after your application and fingerprints have been processed.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.