My wife has received a letter from MEGA LOTTERY PICKER 2017,

Customer Question
My wife has received a...
that she won Four Million,Five Hundred Dollars, is this a scam
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
How was she notified? Are they requesting payment of money up front?
by a letter
In order to win a person has to purchase a lottery ticker. So if no ticket was purchased then they did not win. Normally they do not keep track of who chooses what numbers so that is generally a red flag as well.If money is being requested, that is also a red flag.Here is an advisory...http://www.megamillions.com/lottery-scams
by letter go to ***** or pay for home delivery to your home address or an international bank
wire transfer to your bank account.
Here is a link where it can be reported and an explanation of foreign lottery scams. The ftc also warns against wire transfer or paying any money up front.https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0199-prize-scams
The FTC also notes it is illegal to play foreign lotteries.Foreign Lotteries"Sometimes a letter you get will say you’ve won aforeign lottery or sweepstakes. Typically, the letter will include a check. This is a fake check scam. Or a letter will say they’re offering you a chance to enter a foreign lottery. The truth is that, even if your name was entered, it’s illegal to play a foreign lottery"

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer