What if an inmate at acorn county jail was disabled and she…

Customer Question
What if an inmate...

What if an inmate at acorn county jail was disabled and she fell there and they wouldn't take he to the hospital or call the nurse for this inmate since the inmate in Alcon county died there for lack of medical care. What do I do

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Alcorn county Corinth ms

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet I have an appointment in the morning with Taylor moss

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I am also looking for advance on my brother n law he in tishmigo ms and he said I can get a lawyer and get him put back on his mistorminor fines is this true

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
It's Corinth ms alcorn county jail

Her name is***********

10/4/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

If the inmate died as a direct result of the lack of medical treatment, then the family could sue the prison for the wrongful death of the inmate. I assume that's why you are seeing a lawyer tomorrow. That would be the next step. Inmates have a Constitutional right to adequate medical care. If she was denied that and this killed her, the County could be liable for that.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.