This is more a question for research on a paper for school.

Customer Question
This is more a...

This is more a question for research on a paper for school. I am trying to make sure I understand the question that I am writing about. It has to do with abortion. I am suppose to discuss the legal landscapes related to abortion. I am wondering if that is just referring to the laws surrounding abortion? I am not sure who else to ask or search for and your listing came up in one of my searches.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am an online student at SNHU.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, this is just a basic research question. If you are not able to help I understand.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, there is just a lot of weird stuff out there

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
10/3/2017
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

The first thing you want to read regarding the laws on abortion is the seminal Supreme Court case Rowe Vs. Wade:

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-supreme-court/410/113.html

This is the case where the Supreme Court held that under certain circumstances a woman had an right to choose to have an abortion. The Court found that the US Constitution provided a "penumbra" of privacy and other rights that supported the right to an abortion.

BUT the right is not absolute and the different states have authority to regulate certain aspects of the abortion process.

The next step would read a couple of state laws on abortion. Pennsylvania has one of the better written laws on the subject. The law tries to balance the woman's right to choose and the state's right to regulate. It also requires the abortion providers certain obligations to counsle and inform the woman abot the abortion process.

See:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/LI/consCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&ttl=18&div=0&chpt=32

The difficulty is that there is a lot of false information out there on the subject. If you can focus on the languag of the law and what it is trying to do that should educate you enough to do well on your paper.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald