Thank you i have been followed around by dea for at least 15…

Customer Question
Thank you i have...

Thank you i have been followed around by dea for at least 15 years they have 4 or more planes they fly above me at night making sure i know they are there they drive by my house all the time i was wandering how long does a person have to put up with this or can they be brought up on harassment

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have told state police but nothing changed and now i have to change jobs because rumors some how got started where i work

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/3/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unless they are actually stopping you or making contact with you and questioning you, legally it is not against the law for them to follow someone around. As long as no contact is initiated, the courts hold that law enforcement have a legal right to follow people anywhere they are in public view. However, they cannot use electronic surveillance or cameras inside your home without a warrant and if they are doing that, then you could sue for invasion of privacy if they have no probable cause and no court order for conducting such electronic surveillance in your home.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

That not a very good law at all so no harassment i could see that for certoan amount of time if they didnt jave there answer in a so many years it should be harassment mentally people snap after so long they should not be able to push someone

Thank you for your reply.

I agree the law is not favorable for you, unfortunately that is something beyond your power and my power to change. If they are not communicating with you or contacting you or contacting your family, friends, employers, neighbors questioning about you, which would be harassment, merely following someone around without anything more you cannot make a case against a law enforcement agency for harassment.

If this were a non-law enforcement person doing this, then you could build a case for stalking under the laws, but law enforcement does not come under those same restrictions I am sorry to say.