I've just been informed from u haul that i can never rent…

Customer Question
I've just been informed...

I've just been informed from u haul that i can never rent because i

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

I've been informed that i can no longer rent from uhaul because i was verbally abusive to staff and that i used fraudulent credit cards. they have me in their files with this info. i have never used fraudulent cards and only persued information i didn't understand. what can i do to clear my name

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

I called*********** which i was given. they accepted their staff info as fact and i'm on their files for fraud. i want to clear my name. i live in pembroke pines, fl

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What can i do

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You can communicate with the company's legal department and seek to address the issue.

You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
have someone else contact me
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, as you have asked for someone else to answer. I have read your question and the response you received which I also do not understand

The bot***** *****ne with these companies is they are private businesses, if they do not want to rent to someone for any reason at all, they are allowed to refuse to rent to anyone they like EXCEPT based only on the customer's age/race/sex/disability/national origin, and there is no law forcing them to lease to you.

Now, if you claim someone is making known false statements about you to Uhaul and these known false statements are causing you harm, then you could sue them for defamation. Since they accused you of using fraudulent credit cards, which is a crime, you could sue them for defamation per se and you can seek money damages for them making the known false statements about you.

So you would need to file a suit against Uhaul for defamation and seek damages against them and a court order to remove the negative comments from your file.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

I WANT TO CLEAR MY NAME BUT THEIR STAFF WILL NOT HELP ME I WANT U TO HELP ME

Thank you for your reply.

Please understand, first, the state law and site rules forbid us from representing you. Second, their staff will not help you. In order for YOU TO HELP YOURSELF, you will need to sue them and that means you need to get a local attorney to represent you if you cannot represent yourself. You have grounds to clear your name, Uhaul will not help you, so suing in court now is the only way to do so.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney