What are the steps in order to file hindering a secured

Customer Question
What are the steps...

What are the steps in order to file hindering a secured creditor in texas, on vehicles that are being hiden in order for us not to repo

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Texas, auto 2014, boat 2012

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes we have sent 10 day demand letter and have been actively looking for collateral as well as talking to members who have told us we will not p-up vehicles

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No pretty well it, and what type of charges , are we looking at for the information?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/3/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

First off, this is a criminal charge in Texas, so if you have sent your 10 day letter to the debtor, your next step is you take the letter to the DA where the debtor lives and you ask them to file criminal charges and obtain a arrest warrant for hindering secured property and then the police can go out an arrest the debtor and the court would order them to disclose the location of the secured vehicles.

The other option involves you getting an attorney and filing suit in court for breach of contract and replevin (return of the property) and going through the civil court process.

If your step father was not mentally competent at the time he signed you need to get an affidavit from the doctor attesting he was not mentally competent to sign the POA or quit claim. You would then need to go to court with an attorney and you would need to file suit against the uncle and your niece for undue influence and self dealing and you would need to get the probate court to file a probate contest and sue your niece and uncle forcing them to return the property to your step father's estate to be given to his heirs.

Since your step father is dead, you need to get a local attorney to now go after these people for their self dealing and unfair conduct with the step father.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.