I resigned from a contract position from a non-profit agency…

Customer Question
Hello, I resigned from...

Hello, I resigned from a contract position from a non-profit agency and the director refused to pay my last two months of wages. After attempts to recover funds I filed a small claims suit. He is now countering suing and want a change of venue stating I cost him more money in losses becausing of resigning and now making blantant false statements against me. I have all supporting documenation and want to move forward with suit. Nearly each week I get threatening coorespondence from his attorney with the request to settle. I now want to include a libel defamation of character suit. I have evidence and witnesses supporting my claim. How can I stop the harassment and recover my held wages?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me where the nonprofit is registered?

LLC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Yes. I file last month and recently advised via telephone that they filed a writ and counter suit

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

All for now

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/3/2017
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 10 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question.

That is, you ask

How can I stop the harassment and recover my held wages?

What does that mean??

I mean, you have filed the suit...are you asking if the court rule in your favor if you can prove your case?

I have filed and awaiting a court date. They have counter suit for change of venue, attorney fees and a settlement. I do not want to settle because I have concrete written and audio evidence. Just looking for direction. They are now blatantly lying and I seeking guidance. I want to move foward with a hearing Also what can be done about the libel and defamation of character?

Thank you
Whom are they lying to? To you? Or to someone else?

And what does "??" mean?

Statements are being made to a mutual contract provider. I performed services for a county juvenile facility and now the former employer is making statements inconsistent with the truth to the Contract manager of the facility to prevent any business relationship. He provided coorespondence and lied on an affidavit that I am in receipt of