My son (17) received summons for reclkless driving. We go in…

Customer Question
My son (17) received...

My son (17) received summons for reclkless driving. We go in today at 8:45. Can he say noit guilty and request another date so we can have my attorney present? I've been out of town and just opened the notice last night. He totaled his car in Sept. He was not cited at the scene and no other cars or people were involved.It was the 1st day of rain since June and I saw 4 other crashes that day. Just wondering what to expect today thank yoiu

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Washington state car was 1991 mercedes

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not that I know. I have the incident report

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/3/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

ok
thx i need to leave my house soon for the summons appt.

Yes, since this is his first appearance, he would go to court and enter his plea of not guilty and state he would like an attorney and time to get an attorney to represent him. The court is usually not ready for trial on first appearance, so this is arraignment to plead not guilty and then another "trial date" will be set.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

i just had a prompt from this site to enter cc for a $5.00 answer.
great- thank you. I didn't see thr entire response field.

Thank you for your reply.

We experts are not site employees, we have no clue what customers agree upon with the site. All we know is customers need to leave positive feedback or else experts get no credit for spending time with customers.