Own the restaurant sign the lease to be in the property

Customer Question
Hello,my name is *****...

Hello,my name is ***** ***** the restaurant sign the lease to be in the property since April but it has been delayed with the city permit , now the landlord asking the pay back pay rent before doing anything, how can I negotiate with the landlord or delay or part payment because I ve been paying the architect the general contractor in order to get the approval for

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Santa Fe New Mexico but 5e landlord located ohio, thank you for taking my message.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

My guess is default notice certified mail,to my house I have to pick it up tomorrow.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My wish is willing to open the business I’m working really hard to get this project going.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
10/3/2017
Lawyer: N Cal Atty, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear this.

Have you taken possession of the premises?

Does the lease specify who is responsible for getting the city permit?

we have taken possession.
Yes, we are responsible for the city permit.
Thank you for taking my case, because I don’t know much about law sometimes I ask you too much which is outa of your limit please accept my apology at first. I don’t have intention to make you uncomfortable. Just let know. Thank you.

I am sorry but given what you wrote about the contract, the landlord is still entitled to the rent even thought the restaurant is not up and running yet. You can try to ask for a discount but the landlord is not legally obligated to reduce the rent just because the permit has not been issued yet.

I am sorry this is not the answer you had hoped for, but it would be unfair to you, and unprofessional of me, not to provide accurate information.

I hope this information is helpful.