I am a resident in New York City,. Not yet. I leased a new…

Customer Question
I am a resident...

I am a resident in New York City,

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

. Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I leased a new car in March 2016 solely for the purpose of my son diving it. He agreed to pay the lease payment and insurance payment every month during the 36 month term of the lease. He lost his job and has not paid. He currently owes $800 to my credit card which pays the insurance and several car payments which are automatically deducted from my bank account. I am 61 and disabled with limited income and cannot afford to have another months payment taken out of my bank account. This is putting me in serious financial hardship, I will not be able to buy food, pay my bills or buy my medication doe my heart condition and my diabetes. He does not care. He is also driving over the bridges and tunnels multiple times and I am responsible for all the tolls as the car is in my name. What can I do

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

New York and the car was leased new in 2016, the mileage for the lease term is 36,000 and he has already racked up 31,000+

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/3/2017
Lawyer: Thelawman2, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Unfortunately, at this point, the only thing you can do to resolve this situation (unless your son is willing to work with you) is to bring a lawsuit against your son to recover the vehicle so you can try to get out of the lease and avoid any further charges on your card.