I let my friend borrow my fake Texas drivers license Which…

Customer Question
I let my friend...

I let my friend borrow my fake Texas drivers license Which has my age and my house number modified. He took it to austin and when trying to enter a bar it was taken from him. Now i am left nervous as i dont know what is to come next.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Im not sure

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/3/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Was your friend charged with a crime? How long ago did this happen?

No they took it from him and told him to leave this happend this past weekend

Thanks for the reply.

They could have called the police and arrested him for possession of a fake ID. Instead, they took his fake ID, and, hopefully, that will just be the end of it. If not, as the ID has your name and address on it, you'll likely get something in the mail if the bar turns it over to the authorities. At that point, you'll be charged with the fake ID and you'd be able to fight this case with a criminal lawyer, as you were not at the Austin club and were not the one with the ID in his possession.

In any case, it's the kind of charge that can generally be dealt with in such a way as to avoid both jail and a misdemeanor conviction. There are diversion and deferred adjudication opportunities for offenses like this one, so that a young person doesn't ruin his life just because he had a fake ID to try to drink while underaged.

On the fake id it has my real street name and city but a different house number than my own.
Will my mother find out about this somehow?
i just turned 18 years old and im a senior in highschool so i still live at home

If you're going to be charged with a crime, you're 18, so you'd be charged in adult court. Your mother's presence wouldn't be necessary. You're not a minor.

I can't promise you that your mother won't find out. If she gets the mail or picks up the phone before you do, she could.

Best case scenario -- the bouncer destroys the fake ID. No harm. No foul.

Worst case scenario -- the police will try to find you and charge you. They can get your real address from their driver database.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.