Slipped and fell injured back, knees, left forearm, left…

Customer Question
Second opinion] slipped and...

Second opinion] slipped and fell injured back, knees, left forearm, left ankle, re-injured neck and left shoulder for which I was already being treated for. Thought I found an attorney to help me then months into the treatment phase, the attorney calls and quits on me. states she spoke with the company and they refuse to pay anything. The file footage will clearly show the accident on tape, but the attorney says they don't have to show it to them unless we file a lawsuit. What can I do. statute ends 7/2019.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?

Arizona. company Costco.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

She said no. Stated she spoke with a claims adjuster, Anne for Costco.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think she was trying to call and settle quickly out of court, rather than file a lawsuit.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/2/2017
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

An attorney can subpoena information from a third party if you're planning to file a lawsuit in good faith. They don't have to have already filed it. If you'd like to find another attorney to help you, they should be able to get a copy of the tape - just be sure they're aware that the other party isn't negotiating at all and that you're looking for a trial attorney. Also, an attorney can do research on what types of verdicts juries in your area awarded on similar cases, and it's possible that might persuade the other side to be more reasonable in their negotations.

Alternatively, you can file the lawsuit yourself. Then you'll be able to get a blank copy of a subpoena from the clerk of the court and serve it on the party yourself, insisting that they produce a copy of the tape within 30 days. If they destroy the tape or refuse to produce it, knowing that you have a claim against them, the judge is allowed to presume that whatever it would have shown is bad for their case.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Do you have any questions about this?

Lucy, Esq., Attorney