Problem with 2 ers but 3 visits er 1 says muscle problem. no…

Customer Question
Problem with 2 ers...

Problem with 2 ers but 3 visits er 1 says muscle problem. no xrays etc . er 2 was told only said they only see life a death. er3(same as 1) at least did ct etc dscovered stage 4 breast cancer and bone cancer . just had 10 vertebrae fused not able to get chemo

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

No she is in process of filing bankruptcy only

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

Nevada no

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Would that be mal practice

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
10/2/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

I am sorry to hear of the health problems.

Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional breaches the standard of care owed to their patient. Delayed or misdiagnosis is a common source of malpractice claims.

Ultimately, you will need to find another doctor to review the records and say that your mother's case was mishandled and that she was suffered damages as a result of the malpractice. In other words, there can be malpractice, but if it would not have made a difference because, for example, there is not a treatment for the condition, then there is not really a viable claim.

So, the first step is to retain an attorney who does med mal claims. They will collect the medical records and retain an expert to review them to determine if there is a malpractice claim to move forward on.

Med mal is typically done on contingency fee. So, your mother will not have to pay anything upfront if she retains someone.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.