I have a question about renewing my nursing license, the…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about renewing my nursing license, the question asks if I had been reprimanded since I last renewed

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

IN

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have a reprimand from 2004 do I have to report that every year

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I renew my license in October 2017 wanted to know if I report that again

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you. When was the last time you renewed before this coming renewal?

In October 2015

If the question asks if you've been reprimanded since you last renewed then the answer to that question would be no - because you haven't been.

Ok not sure why I keep seeing blogs about nurses being reprimanded and never able to find work again I was worried
The IN board of nursing has the final disposition on record if they have any questions.

Here's the thing - you can only answer the questions you are asked and you're answering truthfully.

It's easy to make yourself crazy worrying about what-ifs!

The question is since your last renewal has any professional license, certificate, or permit you hold or have held been disciplined or are charges pending?
Ok that's the way the question is stated..... yes because that is why my license was reprimanded, not answering questions on renewal correctly ... thanks

M​y pleasure. I understand why you're so concerned now. You always want to answer the question truthfully - but it's important to answer the question as asked. You can always volunteer information but since the question acts SINCE YOUR LAST RENEWAL and you haven't been disciplined and no charges are pending you can answer NO. I hope that helps. If you need anything else please don't hesitate to reach out. If you could also check the box stating that I answered your question I would appreciate it, so that I get credit for assisting you.

Hello. I wanted to check back in with you to make sure you had all the answers you needed.