Yesterday I was pulled over for speeding in Missouri. The…

Customer Question
Yesterday I was pulled...

Yesterday I was pulled over for speeding in Missouri. The highway patrol officer stated I had a warrant out for my arrest from 16 years ago for a bad check. I was told to pay $1000 or pay $100 to a bondsman. My 9 year old daughter was with me as well. I paid the $100 and received no other information, other than the county my warrant was active. I am not sure what to do from here. I live in Oklahoma and have no information about the check, company, etc. I'm not sure what my next step should be. I imagine they will require me to be in court for something, but again, I'm not sure.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

It is Missouri, he said the warrant was from 16 years ago, 2001.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, I have not talked to anyone. I was more concerned with getting me and my daughter home.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, that is it, thanks so much

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you might experience some delays while I work with several customers at the same time, or I am preparing a response to you. Please do not click Opt Out expecting a faster response. This results in more delays while waiting for another Expert. I assure you I will help you in due time. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

So the warrant was in MO and the traffic stop was in MO as well?