I am the Trustee of a man who is incarcerated at Cross City…

Customer Question
I am the Trustee...

I am the Trustee of a young man who is incarcerated at Cross City Work Camp. He has received a letter stating that he can make application to reduce his sentence under the Statute(###) ###-#### Are there, or is there a printed form or instructions on how to do this? And, can we or do we need a lawyer to do this for him, can we get one "pro bono"?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sorry, it is in the State of Florida.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet. He just got the notice.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well I have a million questions, but he/she can help a lot. thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/2/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 10 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

Please do not keep asking questions, ask "Are you there", etc. since that can erase whatever I am writing and also interrupts the thought process. I will be back with you as soon as I can do any research necessary, formulate a response, and type it in.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

There is not a form that you can just fill out, of which I am aware, although it is possible that some of the form books published by Lexis or by West Publishing would have them. They would be very general though.

He would need a lawyer to assist, you aren't allowed to fill out and file forms for him, and he may be able to qualify for a court appointed lawyer if he doesn't have assets. If he does have assets then the court won't appoint a lawyer. He would need to send a letter back to the court of original conviction to ask for the court appointed attorney. Lawyers don't usually do this work pro bono, they usually do it as court appointed attorneys through the courts.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.