I have a judgment aginst me Capital one can they put a

Customer Question
I have a judgment...

I have a judgment aginst me dan Capital one can they put a judgment on my house I live in AZ

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Az

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Just the judgment so fat

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I do not have more the 22.dollars in my account

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
I am disabled co I can not work
10/2/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

Per ARS §33-964 B it is clear that homestead property is exempt from most judgment liens (including creditor card judgements). It is no longer required to record a declaration of homestead to protect your home. A homestead is automatic in Arizona for a personal residence and protects up to $150,000.00 of equity value.

Since 2008 the rule in Bankruptcy Court has been in accord. In re Rand, 400 B.R. 749, 750 (2008) held that, under Arizona law, recorded judgment liens do not attach to homestead property and this is true even if the value of the property exceeds the cap on the value of the exemption.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Did you have further questions? Please let me know if your questions was answered satisfactorily.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!