After the horrific attack on Las Vegas, I've been getting…

Customer Question
After the horrific attack...

After the horrific attack on Las Vegas, I've been getting more and more convinced to own fire arm (gun) for household protection. However I did have a mmj rec that has expired and I no longer use. Is that still a conflict ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No it was just a reccomendation on paper expired in a year . Not under gov list

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nope that's it . Just that question

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
10/2/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Can you give me the specific crime here you were convicted of and were you an adult, and what state here,thanks

No convicted crimes, no felony or misdemeanors. This is for California .

Here you may be issued a permit to carry "a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person" if:

1. You are of good moral character;
  2. Good cause exists for issuance of the license because you or a member of your family is in immediate danger;
  3. You meet certain residency requirements; and
  4. You have completed an acceptable course of firearms training.

Application forms

https://www.sdsheriff.net/licensing/ccw_app.pdf

You need to submit this in person and pay the fees.

For Initial applications, you will need to allow one hour for the interview. During that interview, you will be given additional information and instructions on what to bring with you for your second interview.

• Standard (Two-year) license - $93.00
  • Judicial (Three-year) license - $115.00
  • Reserve Peace Officer (Four-year) - $137.00

Thanks again and good luck to you.Thanks for rating 5 stars.

Ray, Lawyer