I have won my workers comp case, and the insurance company…

Customer Question
I have won my...

I have won my workers comp case, and the insurance company has been ordered to pay for whatever procedures or prescriptions the doctor in charge of me orders. Two years ago, the adjuster assigned to me began denying

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

New Jersey, He began denying certain medications and procedures. my original lawyer told me the Adjuster was within his rights to deny claims he felt were not necessary. I finally went to get advice from another W.C. Attorney and he told me that was WRONG.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes the second Attorney filed a motion for me on my behalf and the W.C. Judge without hesitation ordered the insurance company to pay the bills and lift the denials. That happened (after about another month or paper-pushing) but they are starting to deny the same stuff again.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only this time the second attorney said he no longer could help me and I need to go back to this first attorney and good luck, My question is, can I file a motion on my own with thecourt?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
10/2/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly

100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Thank you very much for your patience. Ordinarily, a person must file a small estate affidavit in the county where at the person died. However, although your mother technically died in Oklahoma, if all of her property is in Arkansas, then you can file a small estate affidavit in Arkansas. If you click here, you can see some really helpful information on the process. It's a little bit easier for you to follow this then for me to try to write down all of these steps and have you follow them. Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

Darn it, I'm sorry. I posted the wrong answer to this thread. One moment. This was for another customer. My apologies!

Thank you very much for your patience. I'm Very sorry to hear about your situation. The answer to your question is yes. You do not need an attorney in a workers compensation issue. In fact, many people will represent themselves in a workers compensation issue because some attorneys are just too expensive. Particularly if a person is not working and if they're on workers compensation, it is likely that the bills would just be too high. Regardless, you can easily submit a motion with the court on your own behalf. Having a lawyer is not necessary. What you may want to do as you may want to get an attorney that is not going to represent you fully, but may be able to provide you some guidance in terms of reviewing your motion or providing you with some resources for you can help yourself. This would be much cheaper for yourself and much cheaper for everybody else involved as well.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer