We are under contract with a home and the seller filled

Customer Question
Hi we are under...

Hi we are under contract with a home and the seller filled bankruptcy...before we can settle with the seller, he had to clear it with a judge in order for the title to be clear...they have postponed this 3 times and still we cannot get a firm closing date. The last issue is they are deliquent

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Delinquent on their mortgage

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Florida if it goes into foreclosure do we have any legal rights to it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can we encourage the judge to make a decision,,,maybe a letter from an attorney?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
10/2/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you. What judge are you speaking of in terms of encouraging a decision from?

We are trying to get his name. The seller has been keeping us in the dark and his realtor cannot get a response from him so we are trying to reach the judge.

I want to tell you otherwise but I don't think you have very much power/leeway to "encourage" a judge to make a decision any faster. You *could* try a letter from an attorney but I suspect unless you're a party to an action it wont carry very much weight with the judge.

If this property goes into foreclosure while we are waiting to close,,do we have any legal security that we will get the house?

N​o, unfortunately not. I know, I'm full of bad news with your question aren't I. You are in a really bad situation and I feel for you.

O​nce this happens there's a whole lot of waiting and seeing. Have you been given any input from your atty?

We don't have an attorney, we were hoping you could advise us...thank you.

Your best bet is to keep in constant contact with the seller's attorney - and if you're aware of the bank you may want to reach out to them to indicate your level of interest.