For zoey: I hope i can ask question and you can understand…

Customer Question
For zoey: I hope i can...
For zoey:
I hope i can ask question and you can understand what im trying to say this next question been haunting me for years i dont know where to begin this is about my little brother case
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/2/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm going to be turning in for the evening within the next few minutes. But you can tell me about your brother's case here on this question thread, and I can respond to it at some point in the morning tomorrow.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Ok this is a case against my little brother he doing time for a crime he didnt comitte my and my aunt got the discovery i have it on paper and disc everytime someone gonna help him with his case something happen well i been some research and i know peaple knowa about what happen that morning they didnt want to get involve but yet they gonna let someone go down for a crime someone else did and he walking the street there was an incident that happen 3 mnth before thismurder to place and it was by the same person and again noone said anything cause they didnt want to get involve the mom knew the authorities was gonna be looking for him she would hide him everyday and than she took him to texasand im afraid the mom gonna take and hide him again

Is this case still going on, or has your little brother already been convicted and is serving a sentence? Have you spoken to your brother's lawyer about this?

1) yes he been convicted
2)we already giving the lawyer my brother discovery and his registration of action
3)we are waiting for her to get back with use to let us know if she gonna take the case or not
4) attorney david lane and the innocent netwok orginization refer us to this lawyer in boulder
5) we went down to the. court in denver and got the 2 papers we needed ***** *****er ex public defender was in the prosces of taking this case back to court than she got elected to be a judge. A attorney in denver had gone up to talk to my brother about his case but than he got in a car accident and later died in hospital my brother told me and my aunt that inmates would read his discovery and told him he shouldnt be here in prison that they got the wrong guy and they were gonna help him but everytime he getting help they were being transfer for no reason but he never gave up hope and that he just gonna keep praying about it i have everything all the information his location there was nothing to convict my brother the judge use his authority to get to my brother and the jury fail to come back with the verdict he did not accept the jury verdict so the jury was force to come back with a verdict and it was what the judge wanted to hear and he was happy with the verdict

If your brother was convicted after trial, then he needs to appeal his conviction. It seems as if you've had some bad luck getting that jump-started in that one lawyer was promoted and another died. But you have someone now that will be working for him, and that's exactly what's needed.

When a jury says it can't reach a verdict, judges urge juries to go back and work towards a verdict. They never accept that the jury is deadlocked at face value, the first time they say it. They typically read the jury a special charge called an Allen charge, after the US Supreme Court case that established the law in this area. It is perfectly proper for the judge to send a jury back for further deliberations after they claim to be deadlocked. If they are still deadlocked after having taken more time to deliberate, then the judge will order a mistrial. But more likely than not, they will come up with a verdict.

An Appeals court does not retry the facts of the case. What they do is they look for errors in the law that the judge applied or for the lack of due process.

Sorry i didnt get back my eyesbeen hurting and blurrie as of this laywer we dont know if she gonna take the case we been calling her leaving her messages we email her and got no response from her we already gave her all the papers we have so dont understand why we arent getting any response from her she even has the papers my little brother filled out and send back to her all im trying to do is prove my little innocent and lot of people in town knows my lil brother didnt do it even the one police office knows my brother didnt do it and he lied and his wife to again im just searching for help someone to help me someone who will take a few minute of there time and hear me and read the discovery that all

I can't tell you why the lawyer hasn't gotten back to you. Even if he feels your brother doesn't have a case as a courtesy he should call back. Maybe it's just that we're on the brink of a weekend. Try reaching him again after Monday and seeing if you can get an answer.

we have to keep calling her and leave messages someone ask me if she can come and talk to me about this what she knows and and give me information i need do i write all this down and record the information i have names of all the peaple that knows my brother didnt do it i have a cousin who can read t he discovery and visualize that day and it makes no scenes that there just no way my little brother did it no way im runny out of patient. about to take it in my own hands i know there a consequence to what we do and im scared and i will be ok and accept what ever happens wherther it good or bad i got to live with it this is my brother they stoled his life and that not fair it not about the money we dont want it or need if it comes down to it we will donate it please help me

Just make an appointment to come and consult with the lawyer and show him or her what you have. That's the easiest way to get a response from them.

As far as what the lawyer will need to see, if he needs to see more than what you have with you, you can get them for him later.