Daughter rents to parents & their son for free (just take…

Customer Question
Daughter rents to parents...

Daughter rents to parents & their son for free (just take care of the property no rental agreement after year mother & daughter have a fight over the phone-daughter—later the daughter retaliates by sending a realtor over an informing her parents that they have to move out-the realtor has filed a summon Unlawful detainer-eviction in court- He also mailed some legal documents in the mail and attach a 30 notice to quit the premises on the door.
Retaliation-due to a $50,000 judgement on the daughter’s credit because the parents had a S-corporation had a workers comp claim—parents were behind in paying-Industrial relations went after the daughter because they found her name of documents in 1998. Parents found attorney and had paperwork notarized stating that the daughter was not a substantial owner and not legal or financial ties to the corporation (Child Care Center)… Dealing with the attorneys and the phone calls between the mother-daughter continued for over three or four months--We have been cooperating with the realtor by allowing access to the house to show the property multiple times, the daughter has informed the mother on several occasions that she is going to take care of the Unlawful detainer-eviction but the process seems to continue more notices and people knocking on the door trying to serve my family with legal documents.
We are packing and have been looking for a place to stay, we worried that we going to get lock out with only a limited time to gather our belongings—My parents are in their late 70’s and early 80’s, both have problems walking around and cannot pickup heavy boxes.
Realtor has provided unsigned documents that the owner will pay for 1st and security deposit and moving expense, but the owner must pick the moving company. The owner (the daughter claims to with the rent—nothing in writing or for how long the amount just words)
What does the owner/daughter have to do to remove or stop the Unlawful detainer-eviction process after it has been file with the courts?
We are trying to cooperate, we are packing and working with another realtor for the last two months-What are options and what are costs?

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

If the plaintiff wants a dismal what form is needed civ 110 or 120--does the form need to be notarized

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Unlawful detainer eviction filed with the court

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
10/2/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Has the landlord actually filed an unlawful detainer (UD) action in court?

,

Have the tenants been served with the UD summons to go to court?

.

How long have the parents lived there as tenants?

.

.

thanks

1)The real estate agent filed-owner states she has not seen and did not give permission over the phone 2) Mailed Summons stamp filed in Superior Court: 17smuD000836 3) over 1 year with not rental agreement-witnesses will state that the daughter stated the rent would be free

The realtor is not the owner so has no authority to act as the attorney for the landlord unless they actually have permission to hire an attorney to represent the owner or they rent the property from the owner and then rent it to you...

.

But if the tenants have lived there over a year, it requires a written 60 day notice under CA law to terminate the tenancy. So they gave improper notice if they only gave a 30 day notice.

.

That would be grounds to defeat any unlawful detainer action if it got to court easily.. But if this was delivered, then the tenants only have 5 days to file a formal Answer on Form UD-105 or they could get a default judgment even if they have done everything wrong...

.

So the tenants shouldn't be in any hurry to leave if they have filed an Answer because the entire process is defective and the landlord can't evict the tenants legally until they do it correctly and start out with a written 60 day notice.

.

.

thanks

Retaliation-due to a $50,000 judgement on the daughter’s credit because the parents had a S-corporation had a workers comp claim—parents were behind in paying-Industrial relations went after the daughter because they found her name of documents in 1998. Parents found attorney and had paperwork notarized stating that the daughter was not a substantial owner and not legal or financial ties to the corporation (Child Care Center)… Dealing with the attorneys and the phone calls between the mother-daughter continued for over three or four months--

Ok, if the landlord is retaliating by evicting, that is illegal and would give the tenants grounds to sue the landlord and also use that as a defense to any eviction action..

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the caption and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much