How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5665
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it child abuse in Idaho to physically move rebelling

This answer was rated:

Is it child abuse in Idaho to physically move rebelling children from point A to point B? No hitting by parent involved, though various ages children frequently strike the parent.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.


Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

No. Your description does NOT meet the definition of Abuse in Idaho. Idaho defines abuse very specifically.


I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even if one of the children bruises themself?

If you are not the cause of the injury then you have not abused the child. You need to document that the child is hurting themselves to protect yourself against false charges.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But then how do I prevent myself from running into the "why didn't you just let them go" or "put them down"? The primary reason is usually safety, but at times it's just because it is too disruptive to everyone else if they don't move.

You are the parent. You have to have control of your household Allowing a child to do what ever they want is not good for them or anyone.

Who is threatening you or accusing you of abuse? It does not sound like they know what they are talking about.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The children are complaining to their grandparents who in turn out pressure on my wife. I feel like I'm being asked to do all the discipline (she won't), then hung out to dry. No win situation.

I am very sorry that you are having this difficulty. It sounds like you have to stand your ground.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have my answer. Thank you very much.

Good luck.

Kind regards,


(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)

Gerald, Esq and 12 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you